We Are Hiring
Fit Kids was founded in 2011 and has partnered with schools, after-school programs and other nonprofits serving youth and families in underserved communities. Using Fit Kids’ unique physical activity program, Fit Kids provides the framework to help children build positive relationships, self-confidence, independence, and the ability to deal with adversity. In addition to its work in the greater Bay Area, Fit Kids has launched a scalable program outside the Bay Area in eight states and is looking forward to national expansion.
Director of Development
Fit Kids is seeking an experienced Director of Development who will be committed to advancing its mission to provide structured physical activity programs to underserved children to build the foundation for a healthy, active life.
Fit Kids was founded in 2011 and has partnered with schools, after-school programs and other nonprofits serving youth and families in underserved communities. Using Fit Kids’ unique physical activity program, Fit Kids provides the framework to help children build positive relationships, self-confidence, independence, and the ability to deal with adversity. In addition to its work in the greater Bay Area, Fit Kids has launched a scalable program outside the Bay Area and is looking forward to national expansion.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Founder/Executive Director, the primary responsibility of the Director of Development will be to establish and implement fundraising strategies to grow Fit Kids’ contributed income. The Director of Development will collaborate with the Executive Director and other staff to develop a fundraising plan and strategy incorporating achievable steps that will lead to financial sustainability. He/she will work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to identify and pursue opportunities to increase and diversify sources of revenue including foundation and corporate support, individual and major donors, annual appeals, special events and board recruitment.
In collaboration with the Executive Director:
- Prepare and oversee fundraising budget, including tracking progress toward goals, creating reports to monitor results, and providing monthly updates to Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Manage major/individual gift portfolio and determine strategies (including personal asks, direct mail, and proposals) for cultivating, stewarding and soliciting gifts.
- Expand Fit Kids’ donor base, cultivating and advancing donors and obtaining gift commitments, and managing a comprehensive stewardship program to guarantee timely donor appreciation.
- Responsible for management of fundraising and marketing materials, acknowledgment letters, email updates and appeals, and invitations focused on major/individual donors.
- Support the Executive Director in developing organization-wide initiatives including; fundraising, board and volunteer recruitment, communications and programs.
- Directly responsible for annual giving efforts, such as annual fundraising letter.
- Assist with Fit Kids annual fundraising events including the Fit Kids Celebration and Concert, and other smaller fundraising events.
- Attend Fit Kids’ board meetings and provide development support to board members as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of direct experience in non-profit development with demonstrated success.
- Experience with donor management software
- Direct experience and management of annual fundraising appeals and capital campaigns.
- Strong nonprofit financial acumen; ability to create and effectively track and report on fundraising activity, and to accurately monitor, report and evaluate restricted and unrestricted gifts and grant monies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop strong internal and external relationships with board, volunteers, donors, program participants and staff.
- A self-starter who is detail and goal oriented with superior organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment; juggle many responsibilities and projects at once; and meet deadlines and budgets.
- Flexible and adaptable, with excellent teamwork and supervisory skills.
- Personal passion for the work, mission and values of Fit Kids.
- Unquestioned integrity, professional demeanor and authenticity in building relationships with, and inspiring best effort from board, staff, donors, and partners.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Bay Area communities preferred. The position requires the ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To be considered as an application, please:
- Email PDF of resume and cover letter to Ashley Hunter, Executive Director, at Ashley@fitkids.org.