Effective as of 22 February 2021.
Personal Information We Collect
Information Collected by Automated Means
We do not require nor collect personal information from users who download our Mobile App. We use Amazon Web Services (currently we use the S3 service) (“AWS”) to store and deliver content. AWS may receive information about you in order to deliver content to your device. AWS has committed “that it does not access or use customer content for any purpose without our consent. We never use your content or derive information from it for marketing or advertising.” https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/data-privacy-faq/
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information, to the extent we have it, to:
- To provide, operate, and improve the Services.
- To comply with law. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and (c) protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity.
How We Share Your Personal Information
- Service providers. We may share your personal information with third-party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Services (such as customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, and database management services). These third parties may use your personal information only as authorized by their contracts with us. Currently, we host our Mobile App on iTunes and Google Play store and use AWS for storage and delivery of content.
- Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
- Government Requests. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this policy, we may preserve or disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or legal request or to protect the safety, property, or rights of COMPANY or others. However, nothing in this policy is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party or government request to disclose your information.
- Business transfers. We may transfer or otherwise share some or all of our organization or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a (potential) business transaction such as a organizational divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
Do Not Track
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. Since the Mobile App is not browser based, we currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We intentionally limit the personal data we collect from users to limit any potential breach exposure. We also use standard TLS encryption when data is in transit. And we use AWS as our cloud storage provider, which is a leading technology provider with respected security practices.
International Data Transfers
We are headquartered in the United States and our AWS service currently stores content and data in the United States. Hence, your personal information may be transferred outside of your state, province, or country to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Mobile App is intended to be downloaded by and used under the supervision of parents or guardians. Additionally, we intentionally limit the personal data that we collect. We do not collect data related to an identifiable child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian, we will delete it. We encourage parents or guardians with concerns to contact us.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or Fit Kids’s privacy practices, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us via postal mail at:
Fit Kids Foundation
Attn: Legal – Privacy
2682 Middlefield Road, Unit P
Redwood City, CA 94063