Youth fitness is about more than just developing strength, skill, stamina, agility, and athleticism. Done right, a structured youth fitness program like the one Fit Kids offers can develop the total child, helping kids integrate their minds, bodies, and spirits.
- The overall value of out-of-school time as an opportunity to develop the total child
- How physical fitness contributes to students becoming integral individuals and developing character
- How coaches, administrators, volunteers, and other adult leaders in sports and fitness can leverage these opportunities
- The unique challenges faced by children in underserved communities and those who have endured either acute trauma, such as abuse, or the longer-term traumas of poverty or systemic oppression
- An understanding of how “failure” – even experienced while competing with oneself in a youth fitness program – helps children learn how to succeed
- The importance of fun as a component that helps children gain all the benefits of a quality youth fitness program.