Fitness coach for children
The Fit Kids Foundation (Fit Kids) is seeking enthusiastic and reliable children’s fitness coaches for our after school classes for the 2017-18 school year. Our mission is to provide structured, physical activity programs for underserved children to build the foundation for a healthy, active life. At Fit Kids, we believe physical activity is an essential component of every child’s healthy development. Our goal is to make fitness fun and help kids build essential fitness skills such as strength, power and agility as well as basic movement and motor skills such as hand eye coordination, running and throwing. Through a combination of structured fitness and motor skill activities, the Fit Kids program helps kids build the foundation for a healthy, active life.
THE POSITION OVERVIEW
Fit Kids provides 2 coaches at each class, a lead coach and an assistant coach. Both coaches are responsible for executing all aspects of each class. Lead coaches are also responsible for bringing equipment and taking attendance at each class. Coaches should bring a high level or energy and enthusiasm to each class and be passionate about health and fitness and love working with children.
- Execute program activities using Fit Kids curriculum
- Provide daily onsite supervision of all classes
- Maintain safe, fun, and engaging learning environment
- Manage site equipment and resources in a responsible and tidy manner
- Provide program feedback and reports as required
- Report any issues immediately to Fit Kids Director of Programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience implementing afterschool enrichment and/or educational activities and working with elementary aged children
- Graduate of or majoring in education, physical education, recreation, or related
- field highly desired
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Relate well to children, team members, and have superior communication skills
At Fit Kids, the safety of our participants is a top priority. Applicants must complete all state or federal requirements prior to heir first day of directly working with children or within another specified timeframe including, but not limited to:
- Background check
This is a part-time position with hourly pay.
To be considered as an applicant:
Please email a resume and cover letter to Tammy Mayle, Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fit Kids Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of qualifications. Policy prohibits unlawful discrimination in any employment decision based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
Submission of your application is not an offer of employment or an employment contract.