Director of programs
The Fit Kids Foundation (Fit Kids) was founded in 2011 and has partnered with schools, after-school programs and other nonprofits serving youth and families in underserved communities to provide structured physical activity programs to build the foundation for a healthy, active life.
The Program Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and will handle all aspects of all Fit Kids programs to ensure that they are in line with the stated goals of the organization. This includes overseeing the coordination and administration of all ongoing and future programs including the planning, organizing, staffing, leading and maintenance of program activities. The Program Manager will also be responsible for building local and national partnerships with schools and community organizations, enhancing existing relationships with local school administrators, educators, parents and volunteers. The Program Manager will collaborate with the Executive Director, Director of Development, coaches and Fit Kids Board of Directors.
- Supervise program operations and administration to ensure quality and impact
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of Fit Kids
- Develop forms and records to document program activities
- Update and develop processes to administer all aspects of programs as needed
- Research new partners
- Hire and train all coaches and volunteers
- Maintain and update Fit Kids curriculum
- Collect, manage and maintain all Fit Kids program data
- Maintain confidential coach files including background check information
- Maintain and manage all confidential participant information
- Attend board meetings
- Assist with the planning and production of Fit Kid’s annual event called Children’s Champions
- Minimum of 5 years of nonprofit experience, with at least three years of successful work as a program manager
- Verifiable hands-on experience in program management
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with others
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Demonstrate initiative and make decisions in the best interests of the organization
- Computer skills including proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet and social media
- Knowledge of and passion for Fit Kids’ mission, students, programs and partners
- Be resourceful and find answers to questions
- Understanding of and ability to work effectively with diverse and underserved populations, as well as community leaders, board members, staff and volunteers
- Ability to inspire and educate the community about the benefits of fitness and wellness in helping children build positive relationships, self-confidence, independence and the ability to deal with adversity
- Bachelor’s Degree or proven relevant work experience
The position requires an ability to work some evenings and weekends and will include some travel.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume to Ashley Hunter, Executive Director, at email@example.com.