Join our team
Fit Kids was founded in 2011 and has partnered with schools, after-school programs and other nonprofits serving youth and families in underserved communities to inspire an early love of sports and fitness that will serve as the foundation for a healthy way of life. Using a science-based curriculum and dedicated coaches, Fit Kids provides the framework to help children build positive relationships, self-confidence, independence and the ability to deal with adversity. In addition to its work in the greater Bay Area, Fit Kids has launched a scalable program outside the Bay Area and is looking forward to national expansion.
Join our team today and become part of a group of leaders improving the health and well-being of children in our community.
Redwood City, CA
The position overview
The Grant Writer will prospect and generate new grant proposals for Fit Kids programs, expansion, general operating support and special projects. The candidate should have a proven track record in producing successful grant proposals from $10,000 and higher, excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative work environment. The Grant Writer will work closely with the Director of Development and Executive Director to manage prospect research, develop letters of inquiries and proposals, and produce narrative for grants. The Grant Writer will develop a deep understanding of Fit Kids funding needs and potential funding partners.
- Developing and writing grant requests including letters of inquiry and full proposals to foundations, corporations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating Fit Kid’s mission to potential funders.
- Coordinate with Fit Kids staff to develop content and specific requests for grant proposals.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with funders.
- Research and Identify new potential funders including foundations, state and federal sources, corporate and individual funders.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Proven grant writing abilities.
- Familiarity working with foundations, state and federal funders, as well as corporate and individual donors.
- The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Excellent grant writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple projects, take initiative, work independently and as a team-member.
- Excellent ability to meet deadlines while also paying close attention to details and accuracy.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Flexibility, strong commitment to collaboration, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and commitment to professional ethics.
- Ability to work in deadline driven environment.
Please submit a letter, resume and writing sample to Ashley Hunter, Fit Kids Founder, at Ashley@fitkids.org.
This is a contractor position.
Kids Fitness Coach
Redwood City, CA (and surrounding areas)
The Fit Kids Foundation (Fit Kids) is seeking enthusiastic and reliable children’s fitness coaches committed to advancing its mission to promote and inspire a healthy active lifestyle among children in underserved communities by providing high quality youth fitness programs and nutrition education.
The position overview
A Fit Kids coach is responsible for working with fellow coaches and volunteers to execute all aspects of each class. Coaches should bring a high level or energy and enthusiasm to each class and represent Fit Kids and our mission with honestly and integrity. Coaches should be passionate about health and fitness and love working with children.
- Execute program activities using Fit Kids curriculum.
- Provide daily onsite supervision of all classes.
- Maintain safe, fun, and engaging learning environment.
- Manage site equipment and resources in a responsible and tidy manner.
- Provide program feedback and reports as required.
- Report any issues immediately to Program Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience implementing after-school enrichment and/or educational activities.
- Graduate of or majoring in education, physical education, recreation, or related field highly desired.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Relate well to children, team members, and have superior communication skills.
At Fit Kids, the safety of our participants is a top priority. Applicants must complete all state or federal requirements prior to their first day of directly working with children or within another specified timeframe including, but not limited to:
- Background check
- Continuing education courses for continued employment in working with children
This is a part-time position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To be considered as an applicant:
- Email PDF Resume and Cover Letter in confidence to Bryce Dale, Executive Director at email@example.com.
- Include in the Subject line: “Fit Kids Coach Application”
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered; documents must be submitted online.
The Fit Kids Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of qualifications. Policy prohibits unlawful discrimination in any employment decision based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
Submission of your application is not an offer of employment or an employment contract.